Local Amenities & Services

 POLICE: Hedon Police Station 52 New Road HU12 8BS. Open Wednesdays (9am - 1pm & 2pm - 5pm) and Fridays (9am - 1pm & 2pm - 4pm)
 DOCTORS: Holderness Health 0333 332 4242 https://www.holdernesshealth.nhs.uk/
 DENTIST: The Hedon Dental Practice 01482 898362 https://www.hedondentalpractice.co.uk/
VETS: Haven Veterinary Group 01482 898301 https://www.havenvetgroup.co.uk/branch/haven-veterinary-group-hedon-practice
PUBLIC LIBRARY/EAST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE COUNCIL CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTRE:  01482 393939 cschedon@eastriding.gov.uk  https://www.eastriding.gov.uk/council/contact-the-council/customer-service-centre-finder/?entry=hedon_library
PHARMACIES: Boots 01482 898311, ER Pharmacy 01482 898973 
NURSERY SCHOOL: Hedon Nursery School 01482 891396 https://www.hedonnurseryschool.co.uk/
PRIMARY SCHOOL: Hedon Primary School 01482 899327 https://hedonprimaryschool.co.uk/
PRIMARY SCHOOL: Inmans Primary School 01482 899485 https://inmansprimaryschool.co.uk/
SECONDARY SCHOOL: Holderness Academy & Sixth Form 01482 899315 https://www.holderness.academy/
 FOOD BANKS: St. Augustine's Church Pantry - Thursdays 10.30am to 12.30pm at St. Augustine's Church. Hedon Community Food Bank - Mondays 5pm - 7.30pm, Wednesdays 1pm - 2.30pm & Fridays 4pm - 6pm at the Amy Black Community Centre.
COMMUNITY SHOP (Discounted Food): Inmans Helping Hands Community Shop at Inmans Primary School - Monday to Friday, school hours (term-time only). Most items 50p or 2 for 50p.

Useful Information/Contacts

 Local Clubs & Organisations

Please click go to Local Clubs & Organisations 

Hire the Town Hall

Please contact Hedon Town Council 01482 898428. Please note that the council do not handle bookings for the Alexandra Hall - this can be done at www.alexandrahallhedon.com 


The allotments are located off Sheriff Highway next to Burstwick Drain click here for their location. There are no allotments free at the moment and there is a waiting list. If you would like to join the waiting list, please contact Hedon Town Council. 

Report Fly-tipping

Visit www.eastriding.gov.uk/environment/bins-rubbish-recycling/fly-tipping/

Power Cut

To report a power cut, call the Northern Powergrid 24 hour helpline by simply dialling 105. Information and advice on what to do in a power cut and how to be prepared can be found on the Northern Powergrid website:  www.northernpowergrid.com/power-cuts-home

 Bin Collection dates

 You can check when East Riding of Yorkshire Council will be collecting your bin at www.eastriding.gov.uk/environment/bins-rubbish-recycling/bins-and-collections/bin-collection-dates

Problem Odours

For information on how to report problem odours to East Riding of Yorkshire Council, please go to www.eastriding.gov.uk/environment/pollution/air-pollution/smells-odours-and-dust/. Alternatively, contact the Environment Agency on 03708 506506. If the odour is related to a water treatment plant you can report it to Yorkshire Water on 0345 1242424.

Local Emergency

In the event of a local emergency contact information for East Riding of Yorkshire Council and emergency and utility services can be found at https://www.eastriding.gov.uk/council/contact-the-council/contact-us/


Sign up for flood alerts at www.gov.uk/sign-up-for-flood-warnings This page also has information on preparing for a flood and getting help during a flood. Environment Agency Floodline (24 hr) 0345 988 1188.

Severe Weather

Please visit www.metoffice.gov.uk for the latest weather forecast. 

Find your local registry office

Visit www.registryoffice.uk

Bulky Waste Collection

Options for getting rid of bulky waste and large electrical items can be found at www.eastriding.gov.uk/environment/bins-rubbish-recycling/bins-and-collections/bulky-waste-collections  

If you can't find what you are looking for here, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions part of our website.